hip hooray for train birthdays!
The party was a huge success, and the guests all had such a great time.
here are my favorite pics from the day.
Many thanks to the fantastic team at Hostess With the Mostess for the grand feature!
party details are below.
• invitations were punched to look like real train tickets
• table backdrop is a simple duck cloth hung from a portable backdrop kit
• juice boxes were served in little muslin sacks, and customized using inkjet iron on transfers
and did you know the standard juice box hole is the perfect size to fit a retro paper straw!!?!
• cupcakes were baked into candy cups
• wooden utensils were gussied up using a strip of washi tape on their handles
• yogurt parfaits are served in mason jars with burlap squares and bakers twine holding it all together
• loot bags were customized using the same design from the juice box, but printed on ink jet labels
• mini hot dogs were just standard franks cut in half. here's how we got the look:
thaw frozen dinner roll dough and let rise per package instructions
reshape dough to hot dog shape & rise again
brush with a thin egg wash and sprinkle with poppy seeds, then bake per package instructions
cut mini dill pickles into spears and serve with desired condiments
nestle each mini dog into a standard-sized cupcake liner
• we have loads of cardboard at our house, so we upcycled all our boxes to create a station master's
office for the guests to decorate. what fun!!!
invitation suite by kellyallison photography
table design by may boury styling
sweet treats by frost cake & cupcake design
paper goods & party sundry from fort & field and paper source